Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Missed Train

I almost cried when I missed Train's show at Alabang Town Center last June 18. My sisters and I learned that the band was going to perform here only a day before the gig and by then it was too late to plan a trip to Manila. Another thing was my brother and his family's arrival was on June 19 and my sister and her brood's was on the following day which meant busy, busy week for us.

It's not often that we host alternative bands here in the Philippines. So whenever I hear of some noteworthy bands coming over I make it a point to attend. I think the last show I've seen was James Blunt's, which was eons ago. And before that Duncan Sheik and Jars of Clay (more eons ago). I heard that Nine Inch Nails had their Araneta gig last year, but unfortunately I missed that one also. Now, on the other hand, the Maroon 5's tour here LOL that I intentionally missed because the band's too "gayish" for my taste.

Now that we missed Train, all my sisters and I are left to do is to sing Hey Soul Sister in chorus.


No comments: